Aerospace / Defense
Aerospace & Defense
Laserod has decades of experience meeting the demanding requirements of the world’s most prominent aerospace and defense companies. With NASA and its sub-contractors as well as private companies pursuing space exploration, Laserod has participated in all aspects of propulsion and satellite innovation, with laser cutting, machining, and patterning services that continually reduce component size and weight. Laserod’s UV femtosecond and picosecond lasers deliver consistent precision down to microns with virtually no mechanical or thermal stress on target materials.
From avionics to hydraulics to rocketry, laser processing is a key technology in aerospace manufacturing. Laserod is ITAR registered and certified to ISO 9001 standards.
Some of the projects we’ve been involved with include:
· Laser machining of composite materials, which play a significant role in aerospace components
· Micro hole drilling of fluid filters
· Patterning of thin film coatings for defogging, deicing and touch panel displays
· Modification of aerodynamic surfaces
· Complex patterning of cockpit windows for defensive purposes
· Laser assisted etching for microfluidic patterns
Frequently Asked Questions
What are typical tolerances?
Tolerances down to +/-10 microns.
What thickness of material?
Typical thickness 2mm or less. However we also can potentially go thicker depending on material and feature sizes. If you need thicker, please contact us.
Can you drill micro via?
Yes. We specialize in via hole drilling.