SMALL HOLE DRILLING
Laserod is an expert when it comes to precision hole drilling or via drilling. Our proprietary laser technology allow us to drill holes as small as 5um with tolerances of +/- 1um in materials as thick as 3mm.
Our R&D capabilities have earned us projects within the aerospace, transportation, medical and technology industries. Best of all, our lasers can work any materials with minimal burning or debris.
We use two methods for hole drilling, percussion drilling & trepanning. Percussion drilling is where the laser beam punches a hole and is good for quickly drilling hundreds to thousands of tiny holes. In trepanning, the laser beam is swung in a circle to hollow out a hole, which allows us to make bigger holes than the percussion.
Over 25 Years of Experience
In Process for ISO 9001 Certification
Quick Turnaround Times
SMALL HOLE DRILLING SERVICES
STANDARD SMALL HOLE DRILLING SERVICES:
- Typically CVD Diamond, PCB and carbon fiber, other materials are acceptable.
- Percussion drilling
- Max Hole Depth: 3mm
- Hole Diameter Range: From 5um-300um
- Video registration through the laser focusing lens, giving a magnified view of the worksite. Laserod can register/align to circuitry, fiducial marks or on streets and avenues such as for dicing (see below).
CUSTOM SMALL HOLE DRILLING SERVICES:
Our excellent R&D team allows us to work with any material, even experimental. If you need special accommodations for your materials such as NDAs or even experimental laser services, we can work with you.
- Anti-static mats
- Wrist straps for ESD prevention
- ESD dicing film
- Laser marking individual materials
- Combination of services such as hole drilling & cutting.
Locations We Service
We can work with anyone in the world! We offer quick turnaround with major markets in the US like Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Boston, New York and more! Not only that, we are used to working with clients in Mexico and Canada.